Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 franky5

franky5

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hi everyone.

I just joined yesterday in hopes of finding a solution to a problem I was having connecting to the internet. Bad luck turned into good luck today. It's fixed.

I thought it would be good to share with everyone what the fix was.

I had already sent an e-mail, a couple days ago, to HP to describe what was happening and give some test results from diagnostics that I ran. They said it sounded like a hardware problem.

I have an HP pavillion Model a1268c with XP Home Center Edition 2005.

I ran more tests and responded to HP again with more questions. They sent me a detailed procedure to go through. One of the procedures was to uninstall the etnernet enumerator driver and reinstal it. That was the culprit. I have no idea why it quit. I have run virus and adware scans using Spy sweeper, Avast, McAfee and Avira. They found nothing. By the way, I don't run all of these concurrently.

I didn't want to include the whole routine and clutter up this note. I would be more than happy to share all of it with anyone who wants to know the details. I think when I signed up I opted for my e-mail address to be available. I am by no means an expert but I sure do know more now than I did.

Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:51 PM

Well...a complete detail of your solution...would probably be more valuable and time-saving to present/future readers...than a partial, to be followed up by emails, IMO.

Have you seen how long some of our posts here are :thumbsup:? We don't necessarily strive for brevity, but most of us favor the whole story.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users