Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Speck

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bachiatari

Bachiatari

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

I have a Gateway M675PRR laptop. Just tonight I discovered a tiny speck to the right of my monitor screen. Though it was dust, but it wouldn't come off when I rubbed at it, and it stays in place when I scroll up and down, so it's not on the webpage, it's like...stuck on the inside of my screen.

Is there any way to fix this besides getting a whole new screen?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I've confirmed it is indeed dead pixels (and I apologize for this not being in the right forum), and I'm working on some methods that I've Googled. Does anyone else have any good suggestions for a fix? Again, thanks.

Edited by Bachiatari, 01 October 2008 - 06:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:34 AM

In a TFT (Thin Film Transistor) panel, if the fault is caused by failure of the drive transistor of an LCD cell, nothing can be done about it. Other fault mechanisms are reported to be able to be "unstuck" in some cases by means that exercise the pixels - I imagine this is what you have found on Google. More often than not though, a stuck pixel, either dead or bright, is permanent.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Bachiatari

Bachiatari
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

So it seems. =/ Well, thank you anyway. I suppose fortunately it's only a couple of them off to one side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users