Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Quickly Flashes Then Computer Restarts

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 yurif

yurif

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

Ok so every so often my computer decides to quickly flash the BSOD then it shuts down and starts back up. After it has started back up it tells me the system has recovered from a serious error and the error report says that its 2 files that are causing it and they are in
C:\DOCUME~1\myname\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERad37.dir00\Mini100108-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\myname\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERad37.dir00\sysdata.xml
Would anyone know how to fix this problem??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

Well...that WER stands for Windows Error Reporting...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb...38(VS.85).aspx#

I'd like to say that it's a driver problem, but I don't know.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/37716/

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

To keep it from automatically restarting, so you can read the blue screen:

Open System Properties via Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System
[ System Properties may also be opened using the WinKey+Pause key combination ]
Select the Advanced tab and then click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section
In System Failure section, clear the checkbox next to Automatically Restart
Click OK and OK to exit

When it does it again, write down the error in its entirety
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 yurif

yurif
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:23 PM

Ok thanks i will try this and wait for it to happen again. Will this harm my computer in any way?

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:23 AM

Will this harm my computer in any way?

It shouldn't cause any problems. When windows detects a critical error it will restart the system. The steps above just tell the computer to wait and display what the problem was.
Regards,

Alan.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:17 AM

When your system starts to boot (just before the Windows splash screen first shows up), rapidly tap the F8 key. This will get you a menu of various startup options (including Safe Mode). Down the list will be an option to "Disable automatic restart" or something similar. Select that and press Enter to let the system start. In the future the system will stop at the Blue Screen (aka "BSOD") where you can write down the information.

FWIW - when Windows crashes, it will usually save the Mini100108-01.dmp type files onto your hard drive. You can use the procedure at this link ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1371 ) to locate the files - and then perform an analysis which you can post here for us to take a look at.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 yurif

yurif
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

This is what the BSOD said when it happened:

Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equzl

Technical Info:
STOP: 0X000000D1(oX00000008,0X0000002,0X00000000,0XB0D1D47F,)

ha20x22K.sys address BoD1D47F base at BoCB8000, Datestamp 4899a092

After i restarted it says the computer recovered from a serious error and this was the error signature:

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : B0D1D47F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

This error occurs under varying circumstances...see if any of the following apply to your situation:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939780

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331053

The MS explanation of your error message: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms795930.aspx

Louis

#9 yurif

yurif
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:00 PM

I have a UPS but its never been a problem before. How could i fix this?

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,848 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:44 PM

Well...let's wait until someone with more knowledge about these things can weigh in with some opinions :thumbsup:.

Are you currently up-to-date with critical updates? That article came out over a year ago...I would assume that any hotfixes out then have probably been incorporated into a critical update by now.

Can you boot into your system after the BSOD occurs?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#11 yurif

yurif
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

Its a Custom Pc. And I totally forgot that windows updates could be an issue. Updating them now.

#12 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

Try uninstalling your Creative X-Fi drivers. The ha20x22K.sys file is most likely from that program.
If this fixes it, try downloading a new copy of the driver and installing it (don't install one that you already have as it may be a bit corrupt).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users