Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is happening to my computer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Powerboss

Powerboss

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:00 AM

OK. Let me give you the short version.

My computer just shuts off, then starts up and about 3 minutes later it shuts off again, then starts up and it happens over and over and over.

Im on a laptop right now.

The long version.

At first I thought it was the power supply unit because if I wiggled the cord going into the mobo I could get it to turn off/on/off/on.
I replaced the power supply unit. Didn't work.

I must note that when I did replace the power supply unit I noticed the bottom right hand corner of the plastic doohickey that plugs into the mobo was scortched brown as in burnt brown. Hmmm.
I originally thought it was a short in the Power supply unit and that was the cause, as I said, so I replaced it but the computer is still shutting off/on/off/on over and over.

The fans all seem to run nice and fast so I don't think cooling is a problem.

So that is where I am at.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on here?

I thank you in advance for any responses or suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Young'un

Young'un

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:02 AM

Maybe your CPU is overheating?

#3 Powerboss

Powerboss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:07 AM

The fans seem to work nice and strong.

#4 jbravo

jbravo

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:42 AM

yes, probably u'r cpu is overheating. check u'r heat sync fan. if its not working properly, u may need to replace it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users