Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mixer For Sound Blaster 5.1 Audio Card Not Working In Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snazzy71

snazzy71

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

Hi, Ive a Creative SB 5.1 card installed but the mixer is jus not working in Vista. My pc is runnin' in Vista Business Edition and XP professional dual boot. The Creative Sound blaster app is working pretty well with xp and has the mixer on tha taskbar but has problems with the Vista probably 'compatibility issue' n hence unable to access the mixer.
Ne1 pse hlp me. Ty!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

If I'm understanding that you're talking about the Software Mixer, you may want to install in compatability mody for XP.
This is done by right clicking on the File and choose properties. From there, click on the compatability tab and check the
apropriate box. (Select XP Service Pack 2) This may solve the issue. It may also be that you want to run with visual theme
disabled.

#3 snazzy71

snazzy71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:32 PM

I actually av Win Vista installed and yes, the problem is with the Software mixer that came with the PCI creative SB 5.1 sound card. The issue is, win vista appears not to be compatible with the mixer thus Iam unable to experience 3D audio/surround with multiple speaker systems. maybe u can post for me a link to download a compatible app coz av been be searching da web but I jus' cnt find one.
Neway, ty for ur reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users