Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jade22

Jade22

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

Hi, my name's Jessica. I've learned more about my XP platform in the last 72+ hours than I ever dreamed of. :thumbsup: Me, I've been playing with, and working with, computers since dinos (and mounted tape) roamed the earth. There's a lot I don't know (obviously), but I'm always up for learning new things about computers. Recently, I've been relearning to program, and I've discovered websites, and the means of their creation. :flowers:

Edited by Jade22, 01 October 2008 - 07:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

Welcome to BC
Glad you could join us
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

Hello Jessica and welcome to BC
Regards,

Alan.

#4 Jade22

Jade22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

Welcome to the Big Smoke, in the heart of the country. How's life on the right coast?

#5 thomas41

thomas41

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:04 AM

Hi I am Tom.
I am 67 years old and have been using computers for about 30 years now going back to the Tandy TR-80 and then I had a Commodore etc. But in later years I was using a variety of computers. But the problem is that for years I had a data department at the company that I could just give the computer to and when I got it back it was fixed.

Now I am retired and although I have a fairly decent computer I find that some times I find problems that stump me, as a result , I have joined this site with the hope that I can educate myself by reading the forums and asking some of my dumb questions.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:46 AM

Hi Tom welcome to BC.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/welcome.html
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/82/new-user-orientation/
Regards,

Alan.

#7 Jade22

Jade22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hi Tom,

Just for the record, there are no stupid questions. As I've discovered recently, the only stupid thing might be to not take advantage of all the resources at our disposal, like this site. Basically, there's no stupid question, just information you (or I) need.

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

A very warm welcome to you both, and thanks for joining this friendly and helpful user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#9 bleepgoodrum

bleepgoodrum

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:22 PM

Beepgoodrum want to say hello to all user , thanks to Google :thumbsup:

#10 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

Hello bleepgoodrum welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup: please read this it is very helpfullhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/82/new-user-orientation/ and also http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users