Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cureit Fp's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doctorphibes

doctorphibes

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

I have a question. I am running cureit on my main pc as I type. Since he last time I scanned with cureit I had not had SB search & destroy, now I do. Just a few minutes into my scan I picked up the ol startpage 1505. Not quite understanding what I had I used my laptop to look it up. I came upon a Hyper-link for my good friends at Bleepingcomputer and looked at a posted HJT log that had it deleted so I did the same. Reading on into further links I found that someone had finally gotten an answer from DR.Web saying it was a false positive and the problem had been taken care of. Well, it hasn't. after the first instance once cureit reached the restore volume I now have 22 (so far) further instances which I haven't deleted (yet). So, my question is: Is the start page 1505 a way of detecting the presence of a Trojan and actually is a false positive? Or is it a Trojan? Also, just a strange little event. The back and forward buttons have diappeared on mozilla/firefox. I tried uninstall and reinstall, still no buttons any suggestions? Thank you good people!
Respectfully, doc

{Mod Edit:Moved from XP to Am I Infected~~boopme}

Edited by boopme, 01 October 2008 - 03:15 PM.

I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. Albert Einstein

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users