Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Horse Sheur And Avg

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jwillas

jwillas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:52 AM

Hi. Thanks, in advance for any assistance I may receive. New member, first post. In fact my problem is the reason I'm a new member. I run AVG and recently got notifications of infected files. I've been sending them to the vault until I received one that said that a program I've been running for years was infected (Winamp) along with one I downloaded from the home website. (BitTorrent) I went online to investigate and a google search turned up something interesting, every hit I received while searching for "Trojan Horse SHeur" also had AVG mentioned. I've got a problem with coincedences, I don't believe in them. How do I find out if this is actually a Trojan Horse or AVG is full of Trojan Horse$*#!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:04 AM

Someone else posted on this forum today complaining that AVG detected Winamp as infected. I think it is probably a false positive. If you didn't delete the file try uploading it at Jotti for analysis.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users