Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unmountable Boot Volume/fan Erro/uncorrectable Data Error ...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 klattitude

klattitude

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

Hello

My dell latitude 640 xp office has blue screen error unmountable boot volume ( recently prior has been sluggish, had to force shut down over and over, fan seemed louder, about 3 wks ago installed verizon dsl,) right before I turned it on and got this message I had turned laptop over to look at fan info to check into ordering new one.

ok so get the BLUE SCREEN STOP: 0x000000Ed error, tried doing the F8 , nothing, on last known config, or start normal, tried sage mode gives me quick list of multi disk /partition /windows2/ system2/ 32drivers......... too quick to get all info then back to unmountable boot volume screen.

so somehow upon starting got into a symptom tree and ran test under system lock up and windows blue screen test cam e up with

motherboard fan on/off error code 3700011B 3700:011B Msg expected fan on high rpm of 8000 detected fan RPM0 under both system lock up and window blue screen test

also under IDE DISK Read Test Device Blue screen test received 2 errors saying Error Code 0F00:0244 Msg Block 8368093:uncorrectable data error or media is write protected

... and IDE Disk Verify test error code 0F00:aA44 msg block 8368093 uncorrectable data error or ,media is write protected.

any suggestions on what to do next or what real problem is, need to retrieve current work info I am on a deadline. Thank you

Edited by klattitude, 30 September 2008 - 11:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:05 AM

Looks like a dead hard drive to me - the unmountable boot volume along with the IDE errors tend to support this. Means a new hard drive and a fresh install of Windows. I don't know about your data - you'd have to slave the drive to another system to see if anything is recoverable.

I'm unsure about the fan error - and would suspect that there's an overheating issue inside your case also. I'd recommend cleaning out the case with a can of compressed air - particularly the area with the loud fan. Don't use a vacuum cleaner or a garage air supply as it may damage your system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users