Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Case And Psu Needed! Please Check It Out

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tkim113

tkim113

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

well i got kind of screwed over. I was going to get the Antec 300 case deal that came with a nice PSU for quite cheap, but i accidentally went over the due date limit and now that deal is defunct.

So, please recommand me a nice PSU and Case deal. Trying to keep the budget for the case and psu at ABOUT $100. No super hardcore gamer cases please with neon lights flashing everywhere. Just a regular one (like the antec 300) with good heat control will do fine. Same thing with the PSU, nothing flashy but good enough to handle the power in this build.

And have a look at my build do while your at it? what you think of it? any suggestions?

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG HD642JJ 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (Bare Drive) - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Newegg.com - MSI R4850-512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - ASUS Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E818A3T - CD / DVD Drives

Edited by tkim113, 30 September 2008 - 10:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:36 AM

Here is one at TigerDirect I don't know if it's what you are looking for, but the price fits.. :thumbsup:

edit: after I posted they listed the first case as not in supply so I went back and found this.....

Edited by Wildabeast, 01 October 2008 - 12:41 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:02 PM

Buy.com has the Antec 300 for $50 free shipping. http://www.buy.com/prod/antec-three-hundre.../207906549.html . I wish I would of seen this topic sooner, Newegg had the Antec 300 for $40, free shipping, but the coupon code is no longer valid. Still, $50 isn't bad at all for a nice sturdy case like this.

You can also get the Coolermaster Centurion 5 case for $50, free shipping too. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811119068. You'll need to add it to your cart and add the coupon code: EMCBAACAB . You'll probably have to subscribe to their newsletter for the code to work, but the code gives it free shipping.

Now for a power supply, this one is really good for the money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817371006 .

If you plan on doing crossfire though, you'll probably need a bigger power supply around at least 500-550Watts.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

Speaking of Newegg, I keep forgeting about this post because it's in Internal Hardware
Discount for BC members
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23121/newegg-hot-deals-promotions-promo-codes-and-coupons-for-our-members/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:25 PM

Whatever case you eventually select, for the $100 range I rather like the iStarUSA Nitro Ax S-10000B, get one that is large enough to support the length of your graphics card. Many owners of newer graphics cards, including the one you want, complain that due to the length of the card, it sometimes will not fit into the case. If you want to guard yourself against this, get a Full ATX case not a mid ATX. From what I can tell, your graphics card will extend beyond your motherboard.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users