Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the okb

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 girlfriday

girlfriday

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:37 PM

I am trying to install a driver for a travelscan 464 on a laptop with Windows 98SE from a CD which says there must be OKB on the hard drive and the driver will not install.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:37 AM

Do you have any free space on your hard drive? My Computer click C:, right-click on it, click "properties".

If there is very little free space left you need to do a cleanup. Let us know.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 girlfriday

girlfriday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

Hi there Rimmer,
and thanks.
Yes 77% of hard drive space available.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

Could you tell us the exact error message?
I think OKB is 0Kb (zero kilobytes) which is saying something has no room to install, somewhere. Thats why I was asking about the hard drive space.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:00 AM

From girlfriday's PM:

Quote ( This feature requires OKB on your hard drive).

I am attempting to install a driver for a Syscan Travelscan 464
from the install wizard CD which came with the scanner.

The OKB quote is not an error message but part of the install verbage which is on the CD where @ Custom Setup it says I can change how a feature is installed. There are no options. The Travelscan 464 is my only choice and I'm not sure that OKB is the problem but after several attempts the driver is not installing and I don't know where else to look.

I'm sorry but I cannot find any reference to OKB as software (other than an Online Knowledge Base which is not relevant). Drivers are the interface between your computer operating system and the device you want to connect - they don't require other software to be present. It makes no sense to me.

Try uninstalling all the scanning software, then download and install the driver only from here: http://www.syscaninc.com/support_downloads.html
If that installs correctly then re-install your scanning software.

Let us know how you go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users