Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Refreshes Everytime I Close Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 upgrayedd

upgrayedd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

its not that serious but its kinda annoying to see my icons (includes desktop) and windows explorer refresh(or flicker) whenever I close a windows explorer. for example, when i close my windows explorer (not internet explorer by the way) the icons from the desktop and other opened windows explorers (for example: pictures, my documents) refresh.. it is not like that before. do you have any idea how to remove this? it is kinda annoying.. I'm using windows vista home premium by the way.

it is really hard to explain the problem because I have no idea what it is. thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

Hello upgrayedd,

Has this just started happening?

Windows does refresh the contents of the desktop when an explorer windows is closed.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

Actually, I believe that a refresh is normal - but this sounds like it's a bit out of the normal range. It could be that there's something consuming resources - so the refresh takes longer than normal. Or it could be due to some sort of corruption/malware. Have you done any scans for malware?

Also, you may be able to workaround this by opening up Windows Explorer (press the Win key and the E key at the same time), then click on the Tools menu (if it's not visible, press and hold the Alt key), then on Folder Options, then on the View tab. Scroll down the list until you see "Launch folder windows in a separate process" and select it. Click on OK to close the dialogs.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 upgrayedd

upgrayedd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

i already scanned for malware but there is none.. i use kaspersky internet security and windows defender. i did the folder options thing but it still persists.. OH! i just remembered. something happpened to my rundll32 when it always stopped working because i converted some videos but i think i closed it immediately so the converted files put an error into my C: (it is because this is the destination folder for my video files). i resolved the problem by using a third party application to delete the files (i cant delete the files because when i open the directory, rundll32 stops working) but i think this is the root of the problem. i used system restore but it still persists.. it dosent slow down the computer but it is really annoying to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users