Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taking Forever For Applications To Open

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluekitty

bluekitty

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

I am writing on behalf of my father. Whenever you try to open any window from the browser to My documents to Help and Support it takes a really, really long time to load. I does eventually load. Trying to do more than one thing at once greatly increases the problem. He has a fairly new Dell desktop with Windows Vista. His virus scan is updated and run, disk defragmented, disk scanned. There don't appear to be any other obvious problems. Any suggestions on what he should do next?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

Hello bluekitty

Do you know what processor and RAM the system has?
Also can you open the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and find out how many processes are running?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 bluekitty

bluekitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:32 AM

You know, I'm not real sure. My parents live out of town and he just mentioned the problem he was having to me. At the time he wasn't able to get on the internet with any regularity, so I asked the question for him. I will try to have him come on and post the question when he can. He works at night, so I don't want to bother him during the day with specific questions. Hopefully he will be able to get to this site, I fell confident that you can help him with the proper info. He has little luck in the past with Dell support, so hopefully he will have better luck here. Thanks for the help.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

No problem, glad to help. I'm subscribed to the topic so should be alerted when there is a reply.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users