Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FIREFOX MESSAGE POPS UP AND CLOSES

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pburrier

pburrier

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

WELL HELLO BLEEPING...

TODAYS TROUBLES ARE STEMMING FROM LOADING OF FIREFOX (FOLLOWED ALL BLEEPING TUTORIAL AND IE SECURITY OPTION CHANGES.

I HADN'T BEEN ON THE WEB IN DAYS DUE TO TRYING TO GET THIS OLD PIII 750/WIN98 SE BACK ON TRACK.

I HAVE DOWNLOAD (THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL SUPPORT OF BLEEPING) SPYWARE GUARD, SPYWARE BLASTER, ZONE ALARM AND ALREADY HAD GRISOFT PROFESSIONAL 7.0 AND WEBROOTS SPYSWEEPER.

I UNINSTALLED FIREFOX FILES THAT I HAD DOWNLOADED AND STARTED FROM SCRATCH PER TUTORIAL DIRECTIONS.

WHILE PLAYING MY FIRST POKER TOURNAMENT SINCE 4/18 WHEN MY COMPUTER WENT CRAZY.. (THIS IS IN YAHOO HOLD'EM ROOMS)... I WAS HIT WITH A FIREFOX CLOSING WINDOW 3 SEPARATE TIMES AND POOF I'M BACK TO MY DESKTOP. EACH TIME I REBOOTED AND TRIED AGAIN.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. I HAVE MADE SURE THAT FIREFOX IS SET AS MY DEFAULT BROWSER AND HAVE BEEN USING NETSCAPE 7.2 FOR MY HOMEPAGE. PLEASE TELL ME IT'S SOMETHING I HAVEN'T DONE OR DONE AND CAN FIX - I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO IE EXCEPT FOR UPDATES.

MY NEVER ENDING GRATITUDE TO THE WISDOM YOU BESTOW, PATTY

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:17 PM

If you have not already done so, you should download and install JavaRuntimeEnvironment, since (I think) Yahoo rooms use Javascript.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 pburrier

pburrier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:33 PM

HI JOHN, THANKS FOR THE TIP.. BUT I ALREADY DOWNLOADED JAVA JRE2 (I THINK IT'S CALLED.)

I ALSO NOTICED THAT I DOWNLOADED BUT DO NOT SHOW IT SPECIFICALLY RUNNING A PROGRAM FROM MOZILLA CALLED MOZILLA WIN32-1.7.6 INSTALL.EXE

WAS I SUPPOSED TO RUN THAT CAUSE THAT HAS MANY MORE DIRECTIONS OF WHAT TO DO IF WE ARE USING IE AND NETSCAPE ON OUR CURRENT SYSTEMS?

IF YOU KNOW... PLEASE ADVISE.

THANKS, PATTY

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:50 PM

That is the install program for the Mozilla SUITE (which includes a slightly different browser and an Email client), and not Firefox. While you certainly can have both of these installed, I would suggest you stay with the FF browser, and delete that file.
Regards,
John

#5 pburrier

pburrier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:37 AM

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE JOHN... VERY GRATEFUL.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 03:19 PM

You are entirely welcome.
While I use the Mozilla suite, I have FF loaded so I can help members. Can you provide the link to the Yahoo game so I can attempt to replicate your problem, or is it fixed now? Have you installed Shockwave? I think Yahoo games need that.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 29 April 2005 - 03:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users