Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Rebooting When Playing Jungle Gin On Pogo.com

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 twinlady

twinlady

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

I'm having problems with my laptop. Each time that I log into Pogo.com to play Jungle Gin, I get booted out and my computer restarts. At first, I was getting a blue screen then it would reboot but I disabled the error reporting function and now it's just booting me out of this game and restarting. It only happens on this game. I can play other games on Pogo (table games like dominoes) and no problem. I need help because I love playing this game. I have run all types of spyware removals, antivirus and it's still doing the same thing. I even did a system recovery and started fresh and still the same problem. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by twinlady, 29 September 2008 - 11:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:14 AM

You need to go back in and re-enable error reporting. And while you're there disable Automatic Shutdown on System Failure. Write down the blue screen code word for word and post it back here.

#3 twinlady

twinlady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

This is what I received after going back and disabling the Automatic Shutdown on System Failures:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS OR EQUAL

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0X83000000,0X00000002,0X00000000,0XF7EC55D8)

W22N51.sys- Address F7EC55D8 base at F735300, DateStamp 3Fc4dfa2

It also mentioned disabling the BIOS Memory Options such as caching or shadowing.

Edited by twinlady, 30 September 2008 - 09:43 PM.

#4 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:44 AM

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108468

These guys seem to think that its the wireless LAN driver that's failing you. Go into control panel>System>Hardware>Device manager>Network Adapters right click on your ethernet card and select update driver, let windows search the internet for it and install the driver they find, if its newer. If you have recently updated your driver, go into properties instead and hit rollback driver. If it/you can't find your driver post back the make/model of your laptop.

#5 twinlady

twinlady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

I was unable to find an updated driver.
Here's the information for my laptop:

SONY VAIO "SUPERSLIM" NOTEBOOK COMPUTER
MODEL # PCG-V505ECP

#6 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

I'm honestly not sure why sony's site doesn't have drivers for it past 11/22/2006. but thankfully intel itself isn't that lazy. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Fi...?ProductID=1637 If that doesn't work then we'll need http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=PCGV505ECP So i'm posting here to save a search later :thumbsup:

Most likely the driver from the intel site will be an exe that starts an install wizard. if not then use the steps above to update the driver, then if it doesn't find the driver itself go in and manually search (inside the wizard) for the inf file in the folder you just downloaded.

#7 twinlady

twinlady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:47 AM

Thank very much SmurfGod.
That did the trick. I'm able to get into the game room without the computer screen turning blue and restarting. I really appreciate all of your help. My computer is running fine now.

Edited by twinlady, 04 October 2008 - 01:48 AM.

#8 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:40 AM

awesome :thumbsup: my first time fixing a blue screen :flowers: Glad I could help. Have fun :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users