Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Makes Weird Sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 soulshard

soulshard

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

hey i just installed an 8800gt from evga. my mobo is Asus m2n32. i installed it and the fan is makin a weird sounds. seems to me like the fan on the card is scraping up against the plastic on the card. any way to fix this or do i just RMA. also wen i started my pc the card was at 49C and rite wen i got in game the temperature shot up to 70 degrees in a matter of minutes and the scraping sound got very loud. so i switched off the pc in fear of it overheating and frying my card. my buddy told me that there is some kind of spray or lubricant of some sort that u put in there and supposedly is the fix to the problem. do you think this would fix my problem or is this just a gimmick?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

i just installed an 8800gt from evga.

By all means, RMA the card. Beats having more problems down the road after the warranty runs out
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

I would RMA it. Your buddy might be right about the solution. But you just paid a company good money for that card, its not unreasonable to expect it to be free from defects. I would check the free, easy solutions first though. Like making sure the fan is mounted correctly, no play in it causing it to vibrate. And that no wires are against the blades. Barring that I'd eat the week it would take to ship it back and get a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users