Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:04 PM
I used Panda Security to do a scan and 134 files were found to be infected. Unfortunately, I was unable to disinfect them because I didn't know that I had to be registered first. Basically, I scanned my computer for nothing since I cannot do anything with the infected files. After registering, they lost my previous scan and I had to scan my whole computer again. It took me nearly 24 hours previously and I just do not want to waste more time if I can't get a proper resolution (registered users can only disinfect 4 files anyway).
I used Ad Aware and that managed to pick up some nasties which I deleted (I didn't check whether any came back).
I then tried Spybot Search and Destroy which picked up some viruses/trojans which I deleted. However a few came back after start-up (one of those was Virtumonde).
I also used Virgin Media PCGuard and it keeps picking up one particular virus (W32/Trojan2.DWDF) in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\GEBQNFDS.DLL.
A window popped up informing me 'virus detected, restart required'. However, every single time I restart my computer, the same window would pop right up again, as if nothing has been done.
Symptoms shown on my computer:
1) Slow, to the point I can't watch a video in WMP
2) Pop-ups (it was incessant at first but improved after I used SmitfraudFix to get rid of Smitfraud trojan/virus)
3) Even typing this, the letters do not appear as they are being typed. There is a split second delay.
4) The abovementioned 'pop-up window' (regarding the W32/Trojan2.DWDF) is still around. It pops up each time I switch on my computer and clicking 'Close' does not help as it will pop up again. I am pretty sure this 'alert' is from Virgin Media PCGuard.
5) A few times, my browsers (Firefox and IE) would error and close. It was pretty bad at first but improved recently after using the SmitFraudFix.
I am hoping some kind soul can offer me some help. I am 100% sure my computer is infected with something.
Many thanks in advance!