Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StanDella

StanDella

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

Am not very computer literate.
Using Vista Premium, Windows 97, HP Pavillion m7750n computer, HP F4200 printer.
Briefly--we were trying to print some labels using a logo taken from an Internet site--and managed to do so. My wife is a computer user but isn't familiar with Vista or my specific machine. She was making the labels so I can't list much detail about what steps she took in printing them.
Prior to that, everything worked fine.
Since then I am unable to click on "File" and then click on "Print". When I do that, attempting to print from Word for example, the screen just goes back to the desktop--Word has closed and my document has vanished .
However, I can print from "File" then "Print Preview". And can also print using the printer icon found at the upper left of the screen.
We have removed and re-installed Windows, and disconnected and reconnected the cable from the printer without any improvement.
I would certainly appreciate any (easy to understand) help that you might give me!
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Does this happen with all applications?

Did you remove Windows Or Did you Remove Office? Big Difference here. If you removed Office and the issue still occurs then
you may want to read about replacing your ~Normal.dot file.

If you removed Windows and this continues, then you've got me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users