Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express 6

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 DG8

DG8

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

I had personalised my oe6 stationary by putting a small avatar in the bottom right hand side of the page and making it my default stationary.

I did not seem to have a problem until this past weekend when I received an email from a friend asking me why did I send an email with just rows upon rows of "wee pictures"

I sent an email to myself and it returned okay with only the one avatar in the correct position? I phone my friend and he was insistent that all he gets if a full page of avatars.

I emailed him again and he took a screenshot of the email and sent it back as an attachment and sure enough the email was rows of my avatar with no text message?

I have no idea what I have done so I decided to delete the stationary and made another but the problem is still evident.

I would appreciate any advice or help to address this problem.

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

I am not sure if this applies to your problem but anyhow you can take a look.

http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpresstips/qt/et102405.htm

#3 DG8

DG8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:34 AM

Good day bicycle bill, I have been trying to follow the instructions included in the link you very gratefully supplied. As yet I have been unsuccessfully at changing the stationary - but I will persevere.

Many thanks for your help I will let you know how I get on tonight.

All the best and take care.

No luck still not working as I can't get my head round the instructions.

Edited by DG8, 30 September 2008 - 04:18 PM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

Good day bicycle bill, I have been trying to follow the instructions included in the link you very gratefully supplied. As yet I have been unsuccessfully at changing the stationary - but I will persevere.

Many thanks for your help I will let you know how I get on tonight.

Could it be the client he is using? What client is he using?

#5 DG8

DG8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

cryptodan - I not sure what your question means. I use windows xp sp2, outlook express 6, wanadoo broadband apart from that I'm lost??

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

cryptodan - I not sure what your question means. I use windows xp sp2, outlook express 6, wanadoo broadband apart from that I'm lost??

THe client on the end.

#7 DG8

DG8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

This issue has just surface in the past week - as far as I know other people have received my emails without problems?

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

Have you sent yourself an email...to see if it's your stationery? You can do that :thumbsup:.

Exactly how did you make this stationery file?

It sounds to me as if it's not made properly...I used to make stationery when I had OE 6 installed.

http://www.oeupdates.com/create-outlook-ex...stationary.html

Louis

#9 DG8

DG8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:21 PM

Very sorry for not replying sooner Hamluis I was sure I ticked the box to inform me if someone had responded to this topic - but clearly I had not which shows how thick I am.

The personalised OE6 stationary I want to make is very simple and was working up until a few days ago now. I had a blank email with the same avatar which I use on this site on the bottom right hand side. The first I knew I had a problem was when a friend emailed me asking why I sent him an email with nothing except rows of my avatar.

I have sent an email to myself and I do not get the same problem when I receive the email???? My friend sent me an attachment with a snag-it screenshot of the email he received and it was just row's of avatar's?

I had used OE6 own wizard to make the personal email page and I have no idea what is happening.

Once again sorry for not responding sooner to your very much appreciated attempts to help me - notification of replies box is definitely ticked this time..

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

What email client is your friend using?

#11 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:26 PM

Are you able to use regular as opposed to Outlook Express?

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

No problem :thumbsup:.

If you sent yourself one and it came back as you intended it to appear...the problem is at the other end (although I don't really see how that can be).

Louis

#13 DG8

DG8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

Good evening ice2921 - "Are you able to use regular as opposed to Outlook Express?" I am really sorry ice2921 I have to admit I am far too computer illiterate to understand what you mean about using regular?

I hope my stupidity does not put you off from helping me - I can't thank you and everyone else who is attempting to help me enough.

One thought has came to me - does the avatar need to be a particular type, gif/png/jif/jpg etc? I was using a jpg?

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

Good evening ice2921 - "Are you able to use regular as opposed to Outlook Express?" I am really sorry ice2921 I have to admit I am far too computer illiterate to understand what you mean about using regular?

I hope my stupidity does not put you off from helping me - I can't thank you and everyone else who is attempting to help me enough.

One thought has came to me - does the avatar need to be a particular type, gif/png/jif/jpg etc? I was using a jpg?

It would be greatly beneficial if you could answer my questions about what email client your friend was using.

#15 DG8

DG8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

hamluis - I just can't understand what has happened - but it now makes me unsure if this is a fault with other emails I have sent but not heard about.

The only solution I can think of is to leave my emails blank, it is not something that I really need it was just a wee bit of decoration and will not be missed if I do not trust it.

All the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users