Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Win32 Trojan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bhawxfan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

Helping a friend whose kid was on line and contracted viruses (said it was his kid because I asked him what sites he had been to and he didnt know).
He did NOT have any anti-virus software installed. So I downloaded AVAST & Adaware (Lavasoft). Avast found numerous viruses, and I fixed all but one using Combofix.
However, the last one remaining is "win32 trojan". I have seen numerous fixes online, but bleeping computer led me to Combofix, so I would like their opinion on the best way to eliminate this virus.
Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Todd Myers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

:flowers: To help to see what IS on board can you try running these two scans and post the reports they produce for the Team to check out?

#3 bhawxfan

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

Thank you - will try that at his computer tomorrow and will follow up on the results....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users