Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Supply problem?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ahayes04

Ahayes04

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 28 April 2005 - 06:39 PM

Ok i just got everything put together and now when i turn it up i hear everything boot up and but the LED light is red, it used to be green. I know this means something and it may be a problem but what exactly is the problem? Also i put a new PCI vid card in and it wont work it either, the onboard graphics are broken and it is the onboard graph and not the motherboard so i was wondering if this could be a problem? I plugged the PCI graph card into the Number 1 PCI slot. Incase you dont know the LED light im talking about is on the front of the comp right next to the button i press to turn it on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

Ok a little more specifics would help not all case ; mobo configureations are the same.

Generally if you have onboard video and you install a add on card PCI and there is a AGP video riser card on the board it is best to not put the pci card in the slot next to the AGP, conflicts develope they share the same resources IRQ etc.

Also you will need to go in bios and disable the onboard video assumeing your bios has that ability.

#3 jbravo

jbravo

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:47 AM

Try changing from AGP from BIOS.

u can try u'r pci graphics card on another pci slot.

rhi

#4 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:58 AM

Dear Ahayes,

Please tell us your system.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup: