Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Way To Cut Down On Virus , Trojans And Nastys

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gonefishin

gonefishin

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

The few who know me here on bleeping know how I went on and on with hidden threats for a while.
So im gonna offer some simple advice that should really help keep peoples computers from getn stuff in it .
I know bleeping says odnt be downloading music and things . So this little topic is for people who love to download and aint taking no for an answer no matter what anyone says

Music . Lotta people get mad and say dont use p2p etc . but if you do do this .......

AFTER YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR MUSIC FILE OR MOVIE FILE SCAN IT WITH YOUR ANTIVIRUS THATS ALL YOU GOTTA DO
THERE SHOULDNT BE ANY KIND OF COMPLICATED ROOTKIT OR TROJAN IN A SONG . IN MY EXPERIENCE OF ABOUT 6 YEARS OF DOWNLOADN MUSIC OR MOVIES . ALL IVE FOUND IS A VIRUS OR AN OCASIONALL PIEICE OF AD-WARE . THATS NOT TO SAY THERE COULDNT BE MORE IN IT . BUT THATS ALL IVE EVER FOUND IN ONE . SO JUST SCANNING IT WITH YOUR ANTIVIRUS BEFORE CLICKN TO LISETN TO IT HSOULD TAKE CARE OF IT NO PROB .......

2 . FOR THE SOFTWARE LOVER WHO ALWAYS HAS TO DOWNLOAD SOME KIND OF SOFTWARE A SPEEDBOOSTER , A PROGRAM , SOME KINDA SOFTWARE , A P2P CLIENT , A MESSENGER , A CONVERTER , A RECORDER , A PROCESS KILLER . ETC . ETC .... ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS WHEN YOU CLICK ON THAT SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD IS DO NOT RUN IT !!! FIRST SAVE IT TO A FOLDER ON YA DESKTOP . USE YOUR ANTIVIRUS AND SCAN IT . THEN GO TO VIRUSTOTAL . COM . BECAUSE THERE ARE THINGS LIKE MUTATING TROJANS AND ROOTKITS THAT CAN HIDE FROM ALOTT AND I MEAN ALOTT OF ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARES . UPLOAD THAT SOFTWARE FILE TO VIRUSTOTAL AS IT WILL SCAN YOUR FILE AGAINST MULTIPLE VIRUS SCANS .

AND IF ONE AND I MEAN ONLY ONE OF BAOUT 30 SCANNERS SHOWS INFECTION AND THE REST SAY FILE IS CLEAN DONT DOWNLOAD. TRUST ME I HAVE BEEN THERE I HAD A FILE RECENTLY THAT OF THE 30 ONLY SOPHOS COULD DETECT IT . BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY .....

AND THERE YA GO ........... some easy and good advice for those who will download because they want to !

Edited by gonefishin, 28 September 2008 - 10:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users