Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Set Up Avg E-mail Scanner With Gmail?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 World Pilgrim

World Pilgrim

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

Hi,

I finally settled down in China for a few months and now have a fixed computer. I followed the very useful guidelines to download Spybot, Ad-Aware and AVG. The instructions and web sites references are a bit outdated, I would srongly recommend that they be updated as they are very useful information for computer 101 like me.

I was now wondering how to set up the AVG e-mail scanner with my gmail account. If it's possible to provide me with a detailed "how to" description, I would appreciate as I am not smart with these things.

BTW, your forums have been tremendous help to me, I'm glad a friend of mine directed me to it!

Thanks a lot!

Karine

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:19 PM

AVG email scanning is for use with email clients (Outlook Express, Outlook, Windows Mail, Thunderbird, etc).

IF gmail is set up to work with an email client, open AVG. Click on Email Scanner.
When the window opens, check whatever you want to scan (incoming, outgoing) then Save Changes.

If you use the internet to access gmail, AVG won't scan the mail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users