Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Was Told To Introduce Myself !

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

I have used this web-site once or twice for technical assistance, and always found it (1) helpful and, (2) relevant, and felt I ought to at least try to give something back.

I got into electronics via radio and Tv servicing, and then found myself doing an HNC at the local college. I will never forget my introduction to a computer :

On the first day of classes in the course, in the first class, our instructor - having introduced himself and then got us to introduce ourselves - said : 'If you turn to the computers in front of you, we will now consider machine code programming in DOS. '

These were 486s, with the on/off switch on the back panel. My immediate reaction was to turn to my neighbour and say 'How the f... do you turn this on ? '

Surprisingly, I survived this experience, and finished up passing but I still know nothing about machine code programming. Happily, my level of knowledge has moved on from there ! I don't pretend to be expert, but if I can, I will. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

Welcome to BC Chris Cosgrove good to see you here.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

BC as a community of users is based on Members helping one another, often in areas when one has experience and expertise and the other does not.
Welcome to the forums!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:06 AM

Hello Chris Cosgrove and welcome to BC
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users