Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Application Icon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KateJ123

KateJ123

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

Does anyone know where Adobe hides its application icon? I've looked through every file under Adobe in my Program Files and it's simply not there. I'd like to delete it. I often have multiple images in a folder and while I usually break them down into multiple folders to decrease loading time, sometimes i just can't because I need them to be together in a single folder. but the application icon takes forever to load for each individual image.

i'd honestly just prefer a broken image box because it would be quicker to load and wouldn't crash my folder, which loading all of those little bastards does. Often. I've tried changing the file associations but Adobe seems to have a strangle hold on them. If anyone isn't sure what I'm referring to, here's an example:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/kate...fileicons-1.jpg

It's driving me nuts because sometimes I can't even open the folder. I click on it, it opens for a second, and then I suddenly get the "internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. Grrr! I have 1 GB of memory on my comp and really have no need for more. I'd hate to have to because of something as small as this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:15 AM

Hello KateJ123,

I would first change the default application for viewing those files. Right click on one of those icons and select properties. Once in the properties window you can change the open with application. I would change it to "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer".

The event viewer may give some more information on the other errors.

1. Click Start select run
2. Type eventvwr.exe
3. Press enter
4. Search through the groups for errors and warnings.
5. Double click on each error and or warning.
6. Locate the copy to clipboard button, Posted Image (under the two arrows)
7. Let us know what you find. (paste the results)
Regards,

Alan.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

Here they are:

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

Here they are:

What the .zip file for?
Regards,

Alan.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

Here they are:

What the .zip file for?

Those are the Adobe Icons for her to use everything Adobe related.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:46 AM

There seems to be some misunderstanding, I'm not sure what the .zip file is for. The probable reason for the system slow down is probably because the Adobe program is the default application for opening those files.
Regards,

Alan.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

There seems to be some misunderstanding, I'm not sure what the .zip file is for. The probable reason for the system slow down is probably because the Adobe program is the default application for opening those files.

To me it seems like they are missing the icon and windows is having an issue loading the icon file associated with Adobe files. And that is causing the slow downs because windows cant find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users