Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Unhide Hidden Folders On My Hardrive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 varunw25

varunw25

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

I seem to have this weird problem wherein i just cant seem to unhide my hidden folders in the hard drive. As soon as i click on the radio button from hide to unhide in the folder options and click ok, it goes back to hide.Did google it, changed the registry value also, but to no avail.Please help.

Thanks
Varun

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 syler

syler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:33 PM

Hi Varun what radio button are you reffering to?

The way to unhide hidden folders in windows XP is:

Click Tools >> Folder options
Then click on the view tab and select show hidden files and foldes.
Click Apply then Ok

Syler

unite.jpg

#3 lomaxomatic

lomaxomatic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:54 PM

Hi varun,

The most potent cause of this problem is either with the corruption of windows system files. Or alternatively there might be a virus problem. Generally these symptoms are by the virus named " bloodhound" (detected by NAV 2007). If windows system files and OS is working fine, then there is the possibility of bloodhound. Unfortunately NAV 2007 is only able to detect it but not able to remove it. You can scan with PC tools spyware docotr or either with mcafee.
This might help you ot.

If you face further problem , just post the mail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users