Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Mobo Issue Posts But No Load

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 voltagenic

voltagenic

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:18 PM

just bought a new mobo--- FIC P4M-915G-PD1 ( P4M-915G/PD1) i put it in the case and connected everything (hdd, mem, cpu, fans, video....) and it booted, showed the splash screen and went into bios setup. however after the splash screen it goes to a black screen that lists the pci devices and is apparently stuck at loading acpi irq9. therefore since it is stuck it will not boot from either the hdd or dvd drive. after troubleshooting for a couple days i pretty much pinpointed that it has nothing to do with the ide drives, ide cord, or jumper settings for my hdd or dvd drive. they show up in bios as they should, and even after the ide cord isnt attatched to the board, the bios is still stuck and cant get past acpi irq9. i have tried using 2 different video cards---both pci, and that doesnt seem to be the problem. i do not have any other devices or hardware connected to the board other than my usb keyboard.

i have tried looking online for the past couple days and have really found nothing, i have also tried looking for the manual but cant seem to find one anywhere.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

i have also tried looking for the manual but cant seem to find one anywhere.

One didn't come with the motherboard? When you first turned it on, did you go into the BIOS and set the correct Date and Time?
If you didn't, you need to. If you did, go into the BIOS and select "Restore Default Settings" and save on exit, then reboot
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

Did you install the drivers for the motherboard?

Did you reinstall Windows on the hdd after you installed the new motherboard, or are you using the same installation from the previous motherboard?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 voltagenic

voltagenic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

i have also tried looking for the manual but cant seem to find one anywhere.

One didn't come with the motherboard? When you first turned it on, did you go into the BIOS and set the correct Date and Time?
If you didn't, you need to. If you did, go into the BIOS and select "Restore Default Settings" and save on exit, then reboot

actually no, i bought the motherboard new, however a manual did not come with it. upon the first boot yes, i did set the correct time and date. i also restored the default system settings, and that didnt work.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:17 PM

http://motherboards.mbarron.net/forum/view...0d97ebd5290fded

Louis

#6 voltagenic

voltagenic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:18 PM

Did you install the drivers for the motherboard?

Did you reinstall Windows on the hdd after you installed the new motherboard, or are you using the same installation from the previous motherboard?

i cnat install drivers for the board. i dont have any way of accessing the hdd. bios picks up my hdd and my dvd drive but will not boot from either. i've figured that it isnt a ide issue whatsoever. i've tried switched the jumpers, just having one drive (just the hdd or the dvd drive) seperate. i even changed the ide cable. nothing!!! bios picks both of them up when they are installed and they are set in bios as the primary boot device, but it still will not boot. also i tried booting from a floppy disk, that doesnt work. im stuck on the screen above

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:22 AM

Read the suggestion in this thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/4279-46-...-acpi-irq9-help
There's some settings in the BIOS to play with

Edited by garmanma, 29 September 2008 - 10:23 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users