Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dmh

dmh

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hi. I'm having two irritating problems with Outlook Express and was hoping someone had some suggestions.

1. When I reply to a message that has an attachment, the attachment is not included in the reply. I realise that including it may mean that multiple copies of the attachment are floating around, but the current setup means that I can't keep the final e-mail with the all the replies that also has the attachments. I might need 3 copies of the e-mail chain at different points in order to have all of the attachments.

2. Entirely separate problem. When I double click on .pdf attachments to open them, Adobe Photoshop launches instead of Abobe Acrobat. The "file types" set up is proper and if I save the file to my hard drive and double click on it from Windows Explorer, the proper software opens. It's just incide Outlook Express that I have a problem and I can't see how to re-set the defaults.

Thank you!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

I can try to help with point number 1. Instead of clicking "reply", try clicking "forward" as it should retain the attachment. The only problem is that you will need to enter in the email address that you are trying to reply to.

Just as a note on that, do not forget that the person you are replying to may not want to be receiving copies of their attachment back as it will be filling up their mailbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users