Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laaaaaggg

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nathskiii

nathskiii

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

while im gaming sometimes i get lag and no one else is on any of the computers in my house, its really annoying, it comes and goes, is there anyway of finding out what is making me lag??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:41 PM

To try a bit of trial and error, do you have a firewall program that you can turn off just to test with? I found out that ZoneAlarm did that to me sometimes and needed to be reconfigured (I just reinstalled it to make it easy).

#3 nathskiii

nathskiii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:36 PM

yer ive turend them all off but does nothing =( its annoyin =(

#4 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

All of them? How many do you have? And how high are your lag spikes going?

Did you also turn off the windows firewall?

Since you are behind a router, is it possible to remove the router and plug one computer directly to the modem? Does the problem continue to happen?

Finally, are you running any other programs at the same time that access the internet? Especially file-sharing programs like bit torrent or limewire?

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

Try running a speed test http://www.speedtest.net/ what sort of connection does it say you are getting?
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users