Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Metro Tech Wireless Network Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blanchard

blanchard

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

I am running home premium vista. I go to an aviation metro tech and I am unable to get onto their wireless network using vista. Others in class are using xp and have to problem getting connected.

I am running on a ASUS g50 I have tried going here

http://itsvista.com/2007/03/itsvista-tip-4...ivity-in-vista/
and this link does not help my problem and I have also been here

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233
two of us can not get this to work either
I have also tried to use cmd and look up the problem and I get stuck. when I run cmd and check my stats for connection
it says that my computer is disconnected from the wireless server. I can update software using the wireless connection but I
am physically unable to connect to a browser. Any other ideas that could help me out would be fantastic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Phantek

Phantek

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

Do you have any firewall programs running? If not, what about the basic Windows Firewall?

When you try to connect to the wireless server, does your computer say it is connected? If so, load up a command prompt again (with cmd) and type in the following:

ping www.google.com [then hit enter]

ping 72.14.205.104 [then hit enter]

For each one, look at the line that says something like: "Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)" and copy that information into your response. It is important to note if there is any difference between the two ping attempts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users