Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nic Drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anndi

Anndi

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

I took the bull by the horns today & reinstalled windows xp. Everything seems ok except I cannot access the internet. I phoned my ISP & they told me I had to install the NIC drivers. I have no idea what or where they are. Can anyone help me on this. ALso, when I went into device settings there were these things with yellow question marks besides them:Ethernet Controller, PCI device, SM Bus Controller, Unknown device & video controller (VGA Comp). Anyone got any ideas. Thanks.
Go placidly amist the noise & haste.........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:44 AM

Usually on your motherboard disk if your NIC is onboard.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:01 AM

The NIC is a Network Interface Card, in this case it would be your modem. This site should have the drivers that you need.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users