Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fsx Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MT091

MT091

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:39 AM

Hey all,

I have a LEGAL copy of MS Flight sim X, and when I start the program up, I get this:

Posted Image

I also, usually every time I open ANY program, get something like this on the bottom right hand corner of my screen:

Posted Image

Please help, I am a newbie at this kind of thing and I know very little about PC security and PCs in general.

Thanks a lot!!!

Michael.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:51 AM

Hi, and welcome to bleepingcomputer!

You can run check disk by going to "my computer", right click on your "C" Drive, and go to properties. Once there, click the tools tab, and click "check now" under "error-checking". When a new box opens, click run. It will probably ask you to schedule when you want the utility to run. Whatever time you choose is totally up to you.

Let us know how thing's turn out!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 MT091

MT091
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

Hi there Sterling14.

I did what you said and it told me that disk check would be completed upon a restart of the PC. So..I restarted my PC, let disk check run.

I let it run but after a couple of sections completed, I had the phrase 'Inserting an entry file type of $0'. or something similar down my screen.

Then at the end it told me I had insufficient disk space and that it had completed. But I have about 190GB free!

Right now my PC is acting very slow and I keep getting this message: 'Delayed write failed' or something like that.

#4 MT091

MT091
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:01 AM

Please, can anyone help? :thumbsup:

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

Well, if you have your windows xp disc, you can repair the files.

If you have the disk, insert it into your cd drive, and restart your computer. If your computer doesn't automatically boot off the windows disc, you'll need to go into your bios and set it to do so.

Next you'll want to run the repair utility. This is usually done by pressing R, once the option comes up on your screen.

Once in the repair menu, type in chkdsk /r

This should repair the damaged files.

Let us know how it goes!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users