Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting No Preview Available

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 david corning

david corning

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:23 AM

I am using a samsung digitmax camera. And actually used 2 different models.

I have taken a bunch of pictures, and they are on the sd card. Then I transfer them to the computer by removing the SD card and putting it into a card reader.

I transfer the pictures. But a bunch don't have any thumbnail with them, and when I try and open I get no priview available. Same thing happens when I just use them on the card without doing the transfer to the hard drive.

Yet, when you put the card back in the camera you can view the picture just fine on the camera.

I have tried a lot of things, and software to open it. Including photoshop, and it doesn't work.

The system I am using is XP/Pro.

Also with some of these pictures that were this way, I took on a usb drive, and took to a camera place. They were able to print them just fine, and create me a cd with the pictures.

Why can the camera view them, and I can't view them on the computer?

How do I fix this so I can get the pictures on the computer so I can see them.

Thanks

David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:16 AM

If you right-click on one of the images you cannot open and select Properties, what does it say? What kind of image?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 david corning

david corning
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:04 AM

In Properties it say JPEG Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users