Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Browse Secure Sites/win Xp/ie7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TC2

TC2

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:27 PM

:thumbsup: I am unable to browse secure websites. I have checked all the normal things, correct time/time zone on the machine. The cipher strength and verison is BLANK when checking under the IE help menu. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling IE7 several times, removed the IE folder from the c drive and all traces of IE from the registry. The program STILL reinstalls with the cipher strength and version BLANK. Im unable to run any online scanners, ie housecall/pandascan I get fake pages cant be displayed or white screens with "done" in the lower left. Im unable to download ad adware because the download window seems almost as if its blocked by a pop up blocker. Its strange!!! Spybot is installed on the machine but I am unable to update it. I get error messages when trying to retrieve the lastest version. I can't download a new version of spybot because downloading seems to be blocked.!! Please assist.. I tried SmitfraudFix ..but it was no help. Please offer any help you may have.
Running win xp Home

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:35 PM

Using your freshly reloaded machine and reading this tutorial would you immunize a usb drive and the clean machine

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry798468

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry944365

transfer MBAM and the manual updater to the usb drive
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 TC2

TC2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

reformatted this puppy too.. but I have a question.. Is there an issue with using IE 7 with a non registered copy of XP?

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:37 PM

reformatted this puppy too.. but I have a question.. Is there an issue with using IE 7 with a non registered copy of XP?

Do you mean by this you are using a crack (non- original with own licence key)version of XP that will actually not update nor allow itself to be validated ?

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

Registration is optional, activation and validation are not. IE7 has some issues as it wasn't designed for xp

Hopefully you haven't reinfected your computer so soon after a new install
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users