Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rostam.

Rostam.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

I have windows xp (home) with sp2 installed on my computer, but i cant get any sound from my speakers even though i have installed the driver file for
it (Realtek Ac'97Audio) i have checked my bios & the Audio is enabled, also my device manager shows no conflict, also i have enabled everything in the
sound window in the control panel. The only evidence that i did manage to find out is that my (Realtek AC'97 Audio) is not Digitally signed, would you please
help me on how to get the latest driver file?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,863 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:42 PM

Did you check the volume icon controls to see if the sound is muted?

The fact that drivers are not digitally signed...is of no consequence, as long as they work. I've not seen one yet that doesn't do the job, whether signed or not.

System manufacturer and model? If homebuilt, motherboard manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Rostam.

Rostam.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

I have checked the volume & it is not muted, this is my friend's computer & i dont know the model but the manufactureer is BenQ.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

Go to www.cpuid.com and download cpu-z and pc wizard 2008 to get more information on the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users