Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would Like Some Help Please

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Randomguy68

Randomguy68

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:28 PM

I'm a newbie to spyware and all that kind of stuff and would like some help please on this!! I don't know what to do and i'm really really confused. Would someone help me please? I start up my computer and it loads up and it shows and says that there are some unrecognizable files and something about my windows xp disk that I need but i don't have my disk at the moment and it said my computer would be unstablized and the computer was fine and this just showed up randomly. I scanned with AVG and it was found in C: system volume information. please help:(
SPYWARRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,592 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

I am not sure if you are getting false info from a rogue program or not.
Use the free Super Antispyware to scan and remove the malware.
http://www.superantispyware.com/ Run the scan in safe mode AFTER installing and updating in normal mode.

Post the log from SAS.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Randomguy68

Randomguy68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:56 PM

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 09/27/2008 at 11:21 PM

Application Version : 4.15.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 3581
Trace Rules Database Version: 1569

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:38:29

Memory items scanned : 148
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 4244
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 16377
File threats detected : 4

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\ThienTue\Cookies\thientue@advertising[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\ThienTue\Cookies\thientue@revsci[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\ThienTue\Cookies\thientue@at.atwola[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\ThienTue\Cookies\thientue@atdmt[1].txt
and also my windows task manager doesn't work each time i try and open it up i get an error and it closes!! :thumbsup:
SPYWARRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,592 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:52 AM

Run a scan with http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

Allow it to remove whatever it finds.

Post the log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Randomguy68

Randomguy68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:28 AM

It says bitdefender is not compatible with my version of XP. :thumbsup:
SPYWARRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,592 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:56 AM

What version would that be?
Bit Defender's scan must be run in Internet Explorer--not Firefox or other browser.
Turn off any popup blockers.
From their site FAQ:
Operating systems:
Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows VISTA, Windows XP

#7 Randomguy68

Randomguy68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

I opened up internet explorer and turned off my blockers but it says its not compatible with me and the update also fails and as I try and scan it errors and closes!! :thumbsup:
SPYWARRRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,592 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
Instructions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Once you have downloaded the Hijack This program and before running, go to the file and right click on it. Choose rename.
Rename it "lastchancescan". Then open and run it.

Do not "bump" your post in the HJT forum. It will only delay further someone looking at it. Wait for the HJT team to respond first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users