Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Cd Or Dvd Operation

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 shadetree3

shadetree3

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:35 PM

In my computer there is no cd or dvd drives. Missing. Right click on My Computer-properties>hardware>device manger>double click on my cdrom. (yellow circle around exclamation point) Trouble shoot says (Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.The driver maybe corrupted or missing (code 39). Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

Delete upper and lower filter keys:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 shadetree3

shadetree3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:14 AM

Tried above repair still inop. These are the CD and DVD. Lite-on LTR-40125S and MATbleepA DVD-ROM SR 8588.

#4 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:12 AM

Reinstall the device use the drivers and firmware found here:Lite-on for the Lite-on LTR-40125S. Check out the utilities they have there as they can prove to be quite useful. As for the other drive Im not sure, but you need to do the same.

#5 shadetree3

shadetree3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:26 AM

Tried the download at Lite on. Came back back with error message: when I went to run: (error no drive detected.) Could I have both drives bad?

#6 shadetree3

shadetree3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

And still getting the message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.The driver maybe corrupted or missing.(code39)

#7 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:33 AM

This is just me but I would remove both drives then try one at a time to see how Windows responds to each one. Start with the lite on make sure to use the latest firmware /drivers. When you reboot after reinstalling the device if Windows likes it, it will say "new hardware found" or something along those lines.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:25 AM

Both of these drives are IDE types, if you install them one at a time make sure to set the jumper on the rear to Master, and have the drive on the Master connector, this is the one on the end of the cable.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:31 AM

Both of these drives are IDE types, if you install them one at a time make sure to set the jumper on the rear to Master, and have the drive on the Master connector, this is the one on the end of the cable.

Great point thats what most people forget to do( me too)

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:39 PM

Have these drives...previously functioned properly in this system?

If so...are there any errors in Event Viewer which refer to either drive or disk?

Louis

#11 shadetree3

shadetree3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

Yes, Both drives did work. I truly think they are corrupted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users