Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer will not work

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JCII

JCII

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:05 PM

Hi we tried this SFC.EXE /SCANNOW and ran the windows up date but that message "please set reg. key HKLM\software\Microsoft\.NET Framework\Install to point to the .Net Framework install location comes up.

and AcBtnMgr_X63.exe.lnk.disable.

When trying to print on our lexmark printer is says starting, then it says cannot comm. with the printer.

Any ideas??

Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

You have a couple of problems
First uninstall .net Framework, It's corrupted It should be in Add/Remove Programs. If not look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824643/en-us
Download a new version:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

AcBtnMgr_X63.exe is for your printer. After you fix NET Framework, totally remove the printer and software and reinstall

I'm also moving this to External Hardware
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 JCII

JCII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:37 PM

Hi I was able to uninstall .net Framework. I unisstalled the printer and reinstalled it. We do not have the XP installed disk. This computer is 5 or 6 years old and it came loaded with XP. If there was an install disk we do not have it now. Tried to reinstall that net framework and not sure if it worked or not. Tried a new usb cable and that does not work. The computer gives a message that it cannot comm. with the printer. There is another HP printer that works ok. Not sure what to try next.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

Is this with the same computer that is giving you the other problem?
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 JCII

JCII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:22 AM

Hi, no there are 2 computers. This problem is with a HP Pavilion 520c desktop computer. When the computer is turned on we get this message: hpqthb08.exe-Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click ok to terminat the application. After that we get: Opening AcBtnMgr_X63.exe.lnk.disabled.

I have uninstalled the printer. I tried to go into regedit and delete all lexmark entries and reboot and reinstall the printer. The printer installs but it says cannot communicate with the printer. I have tried another USB cable and we get the same message. The printer is a Lexmark X 63. We do not have the XP install disk to this computer it came pre loaded and if there was an XP disk it is lost.

Do you think this AcBtnMgr_X63.exe.lnk is causing the problem? Should I go back into the regedit and delete any other entries and try to uninstall and reinstall again?

Thanks
Jeff

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

acbtnmgr_x63.exe
Lexmark printer button manager. Disabling will cause loss of functionality.

The problem is the printer software. Are you using the disk that came with the printer? Try downloading the driver from their support site, instead
Mark
Posted Image

#7 JCII

JCII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

:thumbsup: :huh: :huh:

Hi, thank you very much. Down loaded the driver from the Lexmark site and it worked. The printer is now working.

Thanks again,

Jeff

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:53 AM

Glad you got it working
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users