Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gammelstril

gammelstril

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:20 PM

My son's computer acquired a real bad malware: "Antivirus 2008 XP"
I have tried to delete the files that appeared to be bad but it keeps popping in with each reboot and downlods unwanted stuff. Want to use Hijackthis and send the log to someone who can help to nail down the culprit. I ceated a log but have not found a way or a place to send it . Can anyone give me som help here? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

You won't necessarily need HiJackThis to get rid of it.
I'm moving this over to the Am I Infected forum where you can get some assistance from our malware experts.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

This family of infections has created a backlog in the HJT forum, it's been out long enough that self help tools may work in
some cases, every computer is different as different protections change the way an infection is installed.

The MBAM developers have been working hard on this

You won't necessarily need HiJackThis to get rid of it.

I would try a few self help scans and tools first but the choice is yours

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry944365

The choice is yours but remember you can't do both, posting a hjt log would close this thread
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:29 PM

Running these tools is most effective if you follow "tried and true" directions exactly

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry948894

MBAM from safe mode has seemed to help a few, but only when preceded and followed by scans from normal mode, it was designed for normal mode and is at it strongest there
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users