Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thefinn

thefinn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

When I right click over my Firefox browser there's a listing for various toolbars(Navigation,Google,Yahoo etc.)There is also a listing for Ask.It doesn't have the word Toolbar after it.When I click on it,a toolbar opens,with a horizontal scrollbar and some blank space above the scrollbar.There is also the top of an icon visible on the left side,in the space above the scrollbar.The "taskbar is not listed in the add-ons window in Tools.When I go to add/remove programs,Ask Toolbar is listed.When I click on remove,a RUNDLL window opens,with the following message(Error loadingC:\PROGRA~1\AskSBar\bar\1.bin\AskSBar.dll)The specified module could not be found.I can click on check/uncheck and the faux toolbar disappears,but I'd like to remove it completely,since it has no functionality and I'm worried that it might be some sort of spyware/virus crap.Thanks for any help on this issue. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

Scan with malwarebytes anti-malware. Also check add/remove programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users