Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista64hp And Internet Connectio Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JasonCole

JasonCole

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:23 AM

Ok, heres the scoop. I'm just smart enough to have cobbled together a new computer. But I'm not an "IT" guy. So here we go.

Last night I finished assembly of my new PC. Installed Windows Home Premium 64 bit. Installed a few of my *twitch* necessary programs.

Ventrilo
Eve-Online
PC Tools AV

Approximately 27 windows updates.

Last night, I could click on the shortcut to internet explorer in the taskbar menu, or go to start>internet explorer.
Eve started up just fine. Ventrilo worked flawlessly.

As I was finishing out for the night, I closed out of EVE. Windows flagged with an error saying that it closed unexpectedly (which it didn't, I told it to...).

As of last night, after that event, I cannot use internet explorer from either the task bar OR the start menu. I tried diagnosing the issue, but it keeps telling me that I'm connected, and that there isn't an issue to diagnose. So I sent a test email from the wife's PC, and I recieved it just fine. I tried an experiment, and went to start>welcome menu. From there, I clicked on "connect to internet", and it said that I was already connected, and gave me the option to start browsing from there. If I open an internet browser from the welcome screen, I can get online just fine. If I try to open it from a shortcut, it hangs up and won't open anything except a blank window. I can still connect to the ventrilo server by double clicking the shortcut, but can't get EVE to connect using the shortcut...

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users