Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Perplexed One For The Books

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bklyn1028

bklyn1028

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:48 AM

Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI, excelstor hd, D-Link wireless pci card, couldn't get on the net, it pinged, but dlink support said IE was faulty, not the card. so decided to format HD, and re-install windows:
Put in Windows XP Pro to format HD, went to bios, first boot changed to CD, it went back to windows, never booted to cd (4x), So, went to bios and @CMOS, went to HD (it's SATA) and went to "none" so it's not seen in bios. Then it booted to CD. Windows did it's thing, when it re-booted, I went to BIOS, and made first boot HD (after I had BIOS see it), and got this "Warning: Windows could not start because of computer disk hardware config prob...Could not read from selected boot disk ... etc"...This went on for about 4 hours ( I guess I was hoping for something). Took out the hd and hooked it up to MY puter, and it's fine, in fact it has the initial files for starting windows, boot. ini etc.
I have absolutely NO IDEA where to go from here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

Did you install the SATA drivers for that motherboard when you were prompted in the installation?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bklyn1028

bklyn1028
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:27 AM

Did you install the SATA drivers for that motherboard when you were prompted in the installation?

I hit F6 at the initial start, but it never prompted me to install the sata drivers. Could that be because it's only one drive?. Also, in POST, at the RAID screen when it asks to hit "F10" to enter raid, it won't go into raid, either NV or Silicone 3114...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users