Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosD

ChaosD

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:15 AM

Hello guys

Well i finnaly fixed the BSOD with the help of the people here and a new problem has appeared, i honestly feel cursed "sigh".

Ok i followed all the regular procedures spybot, clean the temp file, spydoctor and registry cleaner. Checked for defragment and scandisk but my system says not needed.

Now the problem is that while i play a game or listening to music or watching a movie my computer freezes. From my event viewer i get this:

The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error:
The authentication service is unknown.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

When i follow the procedure (I enteR "sc query IPSEC" i get this:

Service_name: IPSEC
Type: 1 Kernel Drive
State: 4 Running (Stppable, Not Pausable, Ignores shutdown)
Win32 Exit code : 0 (0x0)
Service Exit code: 0 (0x0)
Checkpoint : 0x0
Wait_Hint : 0X0

If you guys need any more information pls let me know, and thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:51 AM

Re the IPSEC notification: Do you have the NetBIOS protocol enabled?

Not sure that error relates to your freezing.

Louis

#3 ChaosD

ChaosD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:39 AM

I am sorry but what do you mean about the Netbios protocol?

Ye i think so i am not a computer person but whenever my computer freezes and i check the event viewer i get that error, i checked the net and Ipsec semes to be something with firewalls.

The only firewall i have except the one with XP is Peerguardian 2 so i don really know in my limited skills how the firewall crashes my computer.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:53 AM

IPSEC deal with security and encryption, and is it related to any firewalls it is a built in function within the Network Card Firmware that allows such things like VPN and Secure Networking.

Under services.smc IPSEC is dependent upon: IPSEC Driver, Remote Procedure Call, and TCP/IP Protocol Driver. I would look for network card driver updates. Your IPSEC Driver maybe corrupted.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

OK, just for the heck of it...try turning off PeerGuardian while enabling the Windows firewall and see if there's a change.

NetBIOS is a network connection protocol. Many users don't have to use it, but some of us do. I only asked because I saw that someone had used enabling it to overcome a somewhat related circumstance.

If you go to your connection and click on Properties...you will see the protocols enabled so that your internet connection works properly.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n...infirewall.mspx

Let's just see what removing this PeerGuardian does, if anything.

Louis

#6 ChaosD

ChaosD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:51 PM

Ok i installed the net bios protocol to my connection and i disabled Peerguardian.

Thanks for the quick reply, i am gonna see what it happens now, but i think i am leaning of a complete reformat of both my hard drives whcih sucks since i have to reinstall everything.

By the way how do i find if my Ipsec is corrupted a person suggested to see about upgrading my network card which is Intel® PRO/1000 PL Network Connection?

Again thx mate and i am gonna post here on the next crash.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

Ok i installed the net bios protocol to my connection and i disabled Peerguardian.

Thanks for the quick reply, i am gonna see what it happens now, but i think i am leaning of a complete reformat of both my hard drives whcih sucks since i have to reinstall everything.

By the way how do i find if my Ipsec is corrupted a person suggested to see about upgrading my network card which is Intel® PRO/1000 PL Network Connection?

Again thx mate and i am gonna post here on the next crash.

Intel Drivers!

For Windows XP.

#8 ChaosD

ChaosD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:09 AM

Thank you :thumbsup:

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:14 AM

Thank you :thumbsup:

So I assume the new drivers fixed it for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users