Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Virus Help Required

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hutty

Hutty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:22 AM

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me remove the virus I've gotten on my Windows XP (Home Edition)

I have already run ComboFix but it doesn't appear to have fixed the problem ( I have the log saved on my computer)

I got the virus from the residents network at the University Of Canberra and it's also infiltrated the Uni's computer labs as well

It's a trojan virus which has also affected my use of Nod32 (which I downloaded to try and get rid of it)

Any help would be appreciated

-Greg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Falluja

Falluja

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:15 PM

Try downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and Superantispyware from http://www.superantispyware.com/. These are both free programs, do a scan and see what it comes up with.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

I have already run ComboFix

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

I got the virus from the residents network at the University Of Canberra and it's also infiltrated the Uni's computer labs as well

Did you notify the University's IT Department? If not, you need to do so.

What program is alerting you to the infection?
Did it provide a specific file name associated with this malware threat(s) and if so, where is it located (full file path) at on your system?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users