Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reboot Takes 5 Minutes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RachelWiz

RachelWiz

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:48 AM

Gosh, I don't even know where to start. I have an HP Pavilion a6030n running Vista Home Premium. I was getting a network error when trying to upload images to Photobucket so I cleared my cache and cookies and decided to reboot. My computer shut down and then started to reboot. I could hear things running and the HPinvent blue screen came up on my monitor and it just stayed like that. I tried several times to get it to boot but it would not, so I turned it off and figured I'd deal with it tomorrow. Of course, I could not leave it alone and go to bed, so I came back up and tried again. I turned it on, got the same HPinvent screen, with the options to go to the Boot Menu, Setup or System Restore. I tried each of those options, but none would work. I then attempted to call HP and see how much they would charge me to troubleshoot as my warranty is expired and while I was on the phone, Vista finally started to load.

Once Vista starts to load, it loads fine, but it takes 5 minutes for the HPinvent screen to go away. When Visita does load, I'm getting some network errors. Yahoo Messenger will not connect and my weather gadget on my sidebar will not connect, but I have internet connectivity. Also, I still get a network error when attempting to upload to Photobucket.

It is just so bizarre to me. Any thoughts?

Edited by RachelWiz, 27 September 2008 - 01:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RachelWiz

RachelWiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:30 AM

Resolved! I updated the bios and it's working fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users