Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thanks Already

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Av8tor17b

Av8tor17b

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

I just wanted to say thank you already.

I just spent the last 25 hours over three days trying to debug a terrible virus/trojan combination. Nothing elsewhere worked. And, through searching on Google for a solution to C:\WINDOWS\system32]drivers\core.cache.dsk, I stumbled into this place.

It took me all of a half-hour to read ideas and troubleshooting guides in the Spyware removal forum to find the right tools that I needed. It took two different tools- but the combition of MALWAREWBYTES and ADAWARE isolated the problems that I just tore my hair out over for the last three days.

That's right. 25 hours plus elsewhere on the net without success, and then a 1/2 hour here, and I was on track, knowledgeable about what I was fighting against, armed with the right info and links to the right tools, and ready to do battle.

And, two hours later, I am totally VIRUS FREE!

Thank you in advance. I didn't need to use the Hijack This tool- although I now know where to come when things get so out of hand that I was thinking of just junking the whole machine and starting over.

Thanks again.

Edited by Av8tor17b, 26 September 2008 - 11:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:07 AM

Hi Av8tor17b welcome to Bleeping Computer good to see you here. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users