Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

W L M (windows Live Messenger Beta9) Install Fails. . .

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Illegal Alien_*

Guest_Illegal Alien_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

I would really like to install Windows Live Messenger 9 beta, but I'm having some problems. I downloaded the went installer and it automatically had messenger set for update. It showed the install proccess, but at the end it gave me some error about the install source not being readable or something along those lines. I tried a few more times and also with the offline 130MB installer. I searched online and found a 17MB installer and it gave me the same error as the other two. Anyone know why it says the source isn't readable? Anyone offer any help?

EDIT::
OMG, can't believe I just got it. Moved all the files in the %windir%\Installer folder to a new one, and it installed fine. To prevent issues, moved back all the files that were originally in the %windir%\Installer folder. Let this be a tip to people having trouble with this.

Edited by Illegal Alien, 26 September 2008 - 10:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users