Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Happened To The Gas?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

Do realize that we only get bits and pieces of American news here ... but just heard from a friend who lives not far from Charlotte, North Caroline and the gas seems to have vanished.

She's spent the entire afternoon calling gas stations in and around her area ... 64 completely out of gas and 3 have "some" but also 3-4 hours wait and advised if she left right away they would "likely be out of gas to" by the time her turn came at the pumps.

Is the financial disaster re banking that's going on or?, I wonder.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

Here's what the newsobserver.com says:

The gas shortage that started two weeks ago with Hurricane Ike is causing sporadic shortfalls at Triangle stations and serious disruptions in western North Carolina.

In Asheville, city offices, community colleges, the civic center and all parks and recreation centers were closed as the situation got worse, and some of those facilities may stay closed into next week. In Charlotte, some stations rationed gas, and drivers waited hours for fuel. Fights broke out as drivers accused others of cutting in line.

This morning, AAA spokeswoman Carol Gifford said, however, things are looking better in Charlotte and the western part of the state.

"We think they’re looking up because we expect to receive some bigger shipments in over the weekend," Gifford said.

Complete story: click here

I believe it's related to the bad weather. I am in Ohio and our prices are slightly up, but gas is plentiful up north.

Edit: Changed to a quote and added link to the whole article to avoid copyright infringement ~ Animal
intelligence has far fewer practical applications than I thought.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

Its most bad in NC....

We go out every few days around several gas stations but they get it back in a couple of days later. Our prices are high because of this but only about 50 cents a gallon more than it was before. Its supposed to go back down when supply starts.

All the plants should be back online this weekend I heard on the local news. Gas supply will then even out and prices will drop over time.

#4 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:33 PM

Wow, how dreadful for the people involved with this - thanks so much for the info, do appreciate it.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users