Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Open Saved Web Pages

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 captgnvr

captgnvr

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:37 AM

Dear All

I save some web sites which I want to read up again later. I use 'save page as' and save the option 'web page complete'.

But when I try to open there is no proper link to open. Which is the best way to save and open later?? OR what is the correct way to save a web site and to retrieve it later to read.

brgds/captgnvr

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:48 AM

Hi captgnvryou could add the sites to your favorites or bookmarks in your browser. :thumbsup:

#3 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:14 AM

Thnks wetherman. But the need is sometimes I will not have the internet. So Adding in the favourite will not work. When I save and open the amount of items saved in the folder is all that jpg and so on. So pls tell me how to save the needed site and to read up later.
brgds/captgnvr

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:13 AM

Hi captgnvr
Can't tell you for mozilla.
For IE click Favorites>Add to Favorites.
Select "Make Available Off Line" then click the "Customize" button.
Click "next" on the introduction screen.
At the following "off line favorite wizard" screen, set your options for how many pages deep you want to go.
The more pages deep you go, the more hyperlinks will also be saved and viewable. The rest is self explanatory.
The end result will be in IE's favorite menu for off-line viewing.
If you go many pages deep, it may take a while to download if you have a slow connection. (i.e. dial-up)
I have also used this in the past. It will require full firewall permission but works well. Not vista compatable though.

Edited by HitSquad, 26 September 2008 - 09:26 AM.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

Have you ever tried an RSS reader? RSS saves me so much time. Try it. You'll like it. Go to http://www.newsgator.com/ and I'm sure you'll find something that will save items offline. And you can use keywords. A lot of readers don't allow that but Newsgator does.

#6 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:36 AM

D/Frankp316 and Hitsquad

Thanks for the suggestion. But the main point is I will not have internet all the time. Hence placing it in the offline links or RSS, I have to be connected to internet.

I am picking up lots of help from bleeping and ms forms for excel and word. I like so many of the links they give and I open it and save it so that I can read when there is no connection. The problem is that I am on ship and the connection is for limited period. Sorry if I have not explained it well my needs and handicaps.

brgds/captgnvr

#7 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

The problem is that I am on ship and the connection is for limited period.

If you are not connected to the net you can't use it.
See you when you get a connection captgnvr. Bon voyage :thumbsup:

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

D/Frankp316 and Hitsquad

Thanks for the suggestion. But the main point is I will not have internet all the time. Hence placing it in the offline links or RSS, I have to be connected to internet.

I am picking up lots of help from bleeping and ms forms for excel and word. I like so many of the links they give and I open it and save it so that I can read when there is no connection. The problem is that I am on ship and the connection is for limited period. Sorry if I have not explained it well my needs and handicaps.

brgds/captgnvr

Newsgator has online RSS readers and standalone readers that you can use offline later. You want the latter. The reader will pick up appropriate items while you are offline. When you get online, you can save items into a folder to view offline later. You don't need the internet to open a standalone RSS reader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users