Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycling Bin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:03 AM

when I empty my recycling bin it still shows theres something in it and when I try to empty it again I get this?
I dont know why or where it came from. it does not do it all the time just periodically?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:21 AM

Hi spngbobis4me.
Any chance this happens right after you use an external drive or memory stick? Do you have dual drives?
I have some usb jump drives that will cause that if I delete an item off from it, then empty the recycle bin on the external drive itself instead of using the dektop icon. It's mostly just forgetfulness on my part. Adding an item to the recycle bin, then emptying it via the desktop icon clears it.
Just a thought. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 26 September 2008 - 07:24 AM.

#3 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:54 PM

no it just happens whenever? but it only happens after I have just emptied the recycling bin and then it shows that its not empty, so thats when I empty it again and its says it can not delete that file? but the recycling bin is actually empty. that file is not really in the bin.

#4 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:52 PM

No help but I had that same problem. I posted at five different forums and no one could offer a fix for the weird problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users